1718 and died 29 April 1789 aged 71.
Daughter of: Samuel Fox (1676-1755) of Osmaston Hall near Derby. He was a Woollen Draper and was Mayor of Derby 1741.
Sister of : not known.
Elizabeth married: 8 May 1744 in Osmaston, Samuel Crompton (1714-1782), son of Samuel Crompton (1677-1757) and Ann Crompton (nee Rodes).
Elizabeth and Samuel had issue:
1. Elizabeth Crompton (1745-????).
2. Ann Crompton (1747-????).
3. Samuel Crompton (1750-1810) who married Sarah Fox (17??-1842).
4. John Crompton (1753-1834) who married Elizabeth Bell (1765?-1807).
5. Joshua Crompton (1754-1832) who married Anna Maria Rookes (1762-1818).
6. Gilbert Crompton (1755-????) who married Elizabeth Johnson.
7. Elizabeth Crompton (1758-????).
Elizabeth Crompton (nee Fox): An Overview
My knowledge of Elizabeth Crompton comes from:
1. Information supplied to me by Sheila Howells who has researched this from many sources including the Crompton Papers in the Derby Local History Library.
2. Her portrait by Joseph Wright of Derby was sold by Sotheby's in London, 9 July 1997.
3. The book "History of the County of Derby" by S Glover, 1829 - Pedigree of the family of FOX, of Derby.
If anybody would like to type up a biography for me I would be very pleased to hear from you.
If you have any information to add to what is listed please contact
me on firstname.lastname@example.org