July 1722 at Chorley, christened 1 August 1722. His funeral
was 4 June 1780 at Chorley Chappel.
Son of: John Crompton (1690-1750) and Hannah Mather (1701-1723).
1. Hannah Stamford (nee Crompton, 1720-1788) who married Thomas Stamford (1712-1787).
2. Abraham Crompton (1720-?).
3. Joseph Crompton (1723?-?) who possibly died young as he is not listed in his father's will.
Half brother of:
4. Margret Crompton (1732-?).
5. Samuel Crompton (1734-?).
6. Mary Crompton (1737-?).
7. Rebecca Crompton (1739-?). Who lived with a Mr Cope according to Ann Marsh Caldwell's diary.
8. Deborah Crompton (?-?).
9. Edward Crompton (1743-?) who married Ann Bury.
John married: 13 July 1756, in St Nicholas, Liverpool, Catherine Wharton.
John and Catherine had issue:
1. Abraham Crompton (1757?-18???) who married Alice Hayhurst.
2. Mary Crompton (nee Crompton, 1759?-1833) who married Peter Crompton (1760?-1833).
3. John Crompton (1761?-????).
4. Catherine Crompton (1762?-1826).
John Crompton: An Overview
We know of John from the following sources of information:
1. Information supplied to me by Sheila Howells who has researched this from many sources including the Crompton Papers in the Derby Local History Library.
2. An Almanack from 1747 owned by Hannah Stamford (nee Crompton) and listing many of her relatives and acquaintances.
3. Funeral Discourse occasioned on the death of John Crompton of Chorley, preached at Chorley Chappel, June 4th 1780 by the Revd Mr Siddal.
If anyone out on the internet can can supply me with a biography, I would be very pleased to hear from you.
If you have any information to add to what is listed please contact
me on firstname.lastname@example.org