Judith Harvey nee Onley
Born: 1730 and died 1810. Possibly
buried in St Clements, Norwich.
Daughter of: Capt Onley RN.
1. Rev Charles Onley of Stisted Hall.
2. Possibly others?
Judith married: Robert Harvey (1730-1816) son of Robert Harvey (1697-1773) and Lydia Harvey nee Black (1699-1759).
Judith and Robert had issue:
1. Robert Harvey (1753-1820) who married Anne Ives (1761-1801).
2. Judith Lydia Peat nee Harvey (1754-1787) who married Lt Col Peat
3. John Harvey (1755-1842) and Frances Kerrison (1765-1809).
4. Charles Harvey (Savill Onley, 1756-1843) who married 1st, Sarah Haynes (1760-1805), 2nd Charlotte Haynes (1765-1847).
5. Elizabeth Harvey (1758-1759).
6. William Harvey (1761-18??).
7. Samuel Harvey (1762-1827).
8. Sarah Morrison nee Harvey (1767-1828) who married Archibald Morrison (1765-1842).
Judith Harvey nee Onley: An Overview
The information I have about Julia comes from the following sources:
1. Information supplied to me by Carla Woodworth Lynas and based on
the 'Original Genealogical Collections, by the late Lieut. Col.
Robert John Harvey of Thorpe'. This is mentioned in a
publication called 'Walter Rye, Memoir Bibliography and Catalogue of
of his Norfolk Manuscripts in the Norwich Public Libraries' by Geo.
A. Stephen published in 1929? by the Public Libraries Committee,
Norwich. Original documents in the Norfolk Archives.
2. The book 'A Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Commoners of Great Britain' By John Burke, published 1836, page 400, Harvey of Thorpe.
3. A portrait of her (large oil on canvas). Inscribed 'Judith Harvey wife of R Harvey Esq Daughter of Capt Onley RN & sister of Rev Chs Onley Stisted Hall Esq. Born 1730 Died 1814.
4. A portrait of her (oval pencil drawing) is recorded in the book 'Portraits in Norfolk Houses' by Prince Frederick Duleep Singh, Vol 2, undated but published around 1928. Rainthorpe Hall, The Property of Sir Charles Harvey Bart, 6th August 1907. Page 173. Mrs Harvey. H.L. Body and face turned towards the dexter, eyes full, hair taken back and tied, lace "halo" cap round the head. Dress: Bodice cut low and V shape, "staysed" across the front, white muslin fichu edged with lace over the shoulders, pearl necklace, bow behind. Min. Oval pencil drawing. Inscribed: Mrs Judith Harvey, wife of Robt Harvey of Catton and Stoke Holy Cross, da of Capt Onley RN 1754". Judith, only daughter of Captain Onley, R.N.; born 1730; married Robert Havey, the founder of the Norwich Bank. She died 1st May, 1810, aged 80.
5. The Norwich Churches website www.norwichchurches.co.uk
If anyone can add more information about Judith I would be very pleased to hear from you.
If you know any more please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org