Onley Savill-Onley (Onley Harvey)
Born: 27 October 1795 and
Christened 27 December 1795 at St Andrew, Norwich. Died 19
Son of: Charles Harvey (1756-1843) and Sarah Haynes (1760-1805).
1. Sarah Herring nee Harvey (1785-1828) who married William Herring (17??-1843).
2. Charles Harvey (1787-????).
3. Horace Harvey (1788-????).
4. Judith Mary Harvey (1789-????).
5. Judith Turner nee Harvey (1790-1883) who married Charles Robert Turner (1790-1776).
6. Charles Harvey (1791-????).
7. Many Anne Harvey (1794-????).
8. Joseph Harvey (1800-????)..
1st, Caroline Mary Harvey (1797-1845) daughter of John Harvey (1755-1842) and Frances Kerrison (1765-1841).
2nd, Jane Fox (1818-1881).
Onley and Caroline had issue:
1. Caroline Savill Onley (1820-????).
2. Louisa Harvey Carter nee Savill Onley (1824-1849) who married the Rev Thomas Garden Carter.
3. Charles Savill Onley (Charles Savill Harvey, 1827-????).
4. Arthur Savill Onley (1835-????).
5. Mary Whitaker nee Savill Onley (1839-????) who married the Rev George A Whitaker MA.
Onley and Jane had issue:
6. Judith Savill Onley (1853-????)
7. Jane E Savill Onley (1855-????).
8. Maria H L Savill Onley (1858-????).
Onley Savill Onley (Onley Harvey): An Overview
The information I have about Onley comes from the following sources:
1. Information supplied to me by Carla Woodworth Lynas and based on
the 'Original Genealogical Collections, by the late Lieut. Col.
Robert John Harvey of Thorpe'. This is mentioned in a
publication called 'Walter Rye, Memoir Bibliography and Catalogue of
of his Norfolk Manuscripts in the Norwich Public Libraries' by Geo.
A. Stephen published in 1929? by the Public Libraries Committee,
Norwich. Original documents in the Norfolk Archives.
2. Various family portraits recorded in the book 'Portraits in Norfolk Houses' by Prince Frederick Duleep Singh, Vol 1, undated but published around 1927. Intwood Hall, the property of Colonel Clement William Joseph Unthank, 21st September, 1907. Page 334.
In 1822, on the death of his father's maternal uncle , the Rev Charles Onley, the family changed their name to Savill Onley.
Multiple Portrait of the Harvey Family
If anyone can add more information about Charles I would be very pleased to hear from you.
If you know any more please contact me email@example.com